With the advancement of technology, the way of working has taken a massive turn too. Now, the concept of using 2 monitors has taken a prominent picture in the scene to make the work more efficient and productive. You can handle work and video meetings more efficiently and simultaneously, now. In fact, not only for multitasking during official work but 2 monitors also help during gaming too. The real estate extra screen indeed proves to be very beneficial for multiple reasons. It helps to display walkthroughs, play video games, and also for doing multiple other things.
Along with greater productivity, more storage space has become very essential too. And this is the reason why a question that haunts the users is, does having 2 monitors affect RAM? In this article, you will find a discussion about that and more.
The Productivity Of 2 Monitors
You can depend on multiple factors that would increase your productivity and performance at work. And one such way is by using 2 monitors. Not only it adds more screen space but also you can open double pages at the same time too. It comes in great handy when you are making graphic manipulations or using it for office work, gaming, or anything else.
- Downtime Gets Reduced: Having a 2-monitor setup is always beneficial. During a technical glitch with one monitor, you can still work using the other without a loss in data or productivity. This is also a more flexible way of doing the work easily.
- Greater Workflow: When you attach 2 monitors to a single computer, you can use multiple applications all at once saving on your time. It makes the workspace double and you need not have to change the windows frequently. From one application to another, you can easily drag the data and transfer it.
- Increased Productivity: Two monitors surely increase productivity. You can achieve more work this time along with a few other factors.
- More content is displayed
- Easy navigation between the windows
- Quickly switches between applications
- Easy to view the documents
- Greater Focus And Lesser Distractions: Having two screens will enable you to work and view everything together bringing in lesser interruptions.
- Gaming: When you are gaming, 2 monitors give you a more satisfying gaming experience too while running the game on one while you work on the other.
Is RAM Affected By 2 Monitors
The internal storage capacity in a computer indeed matters a lot these days as we require to save a lot of our work. And this always leaves a question in the mind, whether having two monitors would eat up more space in RAM. To your relief, the answer is No. Using 2 monitors will not consume space of the RAM. In fact, the background applications running on the monitors will keep the space in the RAM free. It will support it to run seamlessly. But you must also keep this fact in mind that these days many of the newer models of monitors do not have internal storage space. If such happens then it will consume the space of RAM.