It has become a regular practice amongst computer users of attaching two monitors to the pc. It indeed comes in great use too for people who are dependent on the computer for multiple activities. Be it work, studying, entertainment, gaming, or even networking, double monitors have many benefits the offer. It increases functionality, and productivity and makes it convenient to use. If you need to perform multiple tasks at the same time then it surely gives a great user experience too.
But indeed the question that remains is, does your pc run slower with 2 monitors? Indeed, attaching 2 monitors to the pc would put a greater load on it. So, let us read further to know what we can do when the pc is turning slower.
Does It Makes Your PC Slower When You Connect 2 Monitors
When you connect two monitors to your computer, it puts more load on it. No matter what purpose you are attaching, it will build greater pressure on the graphic cards and the processing system. The more demanding applications shall you use the slower your computer becomes. But everything is not bad news here. These days graphic cards are made more powerful and sophisticated. It makes them perform more powerfully with great speed and sharp images up to a great extent. The more demanding applications you use such as high-speed games, and other factors will create more load on the computer leading it to slow down.
But you can surely take some measures to improve the speed of it. Below some useful procedures have been mentioned for that.
Process To Improve The Lagging
The main aim here would be to cut down on the burden of your computer without compromising on the user experience. So, a few measures have been discussed to help you with that.
- Make sure that the monitor uses the same settings. Check the settings on Windows and turn the color setting, resolution, and refresh rate to the same level as the 2 monitors. This will cut down the lag and give a seamless experience.
- Upgrade the drivers. It is important that you check the graphics, software, and drivers and upgrade or reinstall them. This will fix the old and corrupted files leading to better performance of the computer.
- A check on the storage space is a must too. If your data has consumed a lot of storage space in the computer already, the more difficult it will be for real-time processing. Delete all unused and temporary files. This would make more space and improve its processing capacity.
- Check the different hardware and software components to ensure your computer has the capacity of managing two monitors. If needed get the damaged parts replaced.
- If you are using an old computer then changing the parts will not increase its capacity. Get the monitors attached to a new computer to get the best results.