USB-C has the potential to replace all the other cords in the market. It can eliminate the need to use different connectors.
This new style port of USB promises a lot. It is secure and small and can be plugged in very easily. It can supply power to the laptops, connect the computers to display, transfer data faster & work both ways. It’s the latest shift of technology which comes with new abilities.
What is USB-C?
USB Type-C, or USB-C, is the latest connector type for transferring both power and data using one single cable. As mentioned earlier, this new USB cable can replace all the other connectors of devices, even the power cord of a TV and laptop.
The capabilities of Type-C include:
- Transmits sound
- Connects computers to the display
- Powers high-power devices like TVs, monitors and laptops
- Transfers data faster
The best thing is that almost all the manufacturers accept this USB-C connector. They are Samsung, Intel, Microsoft, HP, Dell and Apple. The only problem is that the manufacturers do not clarify the features of the USB-C. After all, not all the ports of USB-C are the same.
Will USB-C Replace All Ports?
Whereas the traditional port of USB Type-A has limited benefits, the USB-C has unlimited. It can do much more depending upon the implementation of the port. It is designed for performing 2 main functions at its core. They are delivering enough power and transferring data fast. These 2 core features include a plethora of capabilities that the USB-C is capable of handling. They include:
- Send power and video signals simultaneously. It is a feature which lets the users connect to & power an MHL device, DisplayPort and an HDMI when The users have the right cables and adapter.
- Deliver enough power for charging or powering devices like smartphones, TVs, monitors, laptops or other devices.
- Transfer audio signals over the interface
- Charge heavy devices quickly
- Transfer data faster. Up to almost 40 GB of data can be transferred that’s impossible with other types of USB.
The biggest advantage of USB-C is it eliminates the need to use any other cable. Apart from transferring data, this connector can:
- Transmit audio
- Allow video output
- Allow connection of an external device
- Supply power to workstations and laptops
The connector executes each task better than the remaining solutions:
- Since USB-C has its base on USB 3.1, a greater speed of transfer of up to 40 GB is allowed by it
- , Unlike USB-A, USB-C is symmetrical. Both sides are similar. This is why it does not stand the chance of getting inserted incorrectly
- Allows higher transfer of power. This feature makes USB-C capable of charging and powering high-power devices like TVs, monitors and laptops
- Being narrow, it can fit phones easily. Thus, it becomes the best connector for game consoles, computers, phones and other devices